Latest posts by Michelle Hopewell (see all)
- Bodycon For Body-ody-ody - November 6, 2018
- Non-Expensive Self Care - October 18, 2018
- Black Owned Business – Tama Cosmetics, Beauty from Nature - October 4, 2018
So if you read my review for the best pantos in the UK you’ll remember that I finished panto myself.
Oh yes I have!
Sorry I couldn’t resist.
One of the things that comes with being the fairy godmother is being covered in heavy make up and glitter which lets face it, is great for a while, but add in sickness, stress, anxiety, tiredness, your period, dehydration, a relentless schedule and baking lights on heavy rotation what you will end up with is, for lack of a better phrase, “mash up” skin.
It’s been bad. Y’all I mean it’s been really bad. My skin has been the worst it has ever been and for someone who usually holds pride in my clear skin, I have been learning to adjust to the phase it’s in right now.
Accepting it, not beating myself up or shaming myself for it and just being open to trying out different things to see what it responded to.
There hasn’t been a moment of rest for it. If any of you have been following me, you’ll know I have been working pretty much nonstop the two years and 2018 and 2019 are going to be the same.
Now this is a blessing but my skin is yet to get the memo.
So its become increasingly obvious I need to rehaul my regime.
After asking for tips and recommendations enter Thalgo stage left!
They were kind enough to send me some products to review and review them I did.
I patiently waited until it was January and the panto madness was over so that I could spend the month testing out the products.
I received the perfect matte moisturiser, gentle purifying gel, a mask and the gentle purifying lotion.
Now a little bit about Thalgo! Since 1964 they have been crafting spa and beauty products all based on marine intelligence. They are committed to offsetting their ecological footprint, while also crafting products naturally extracted and beneficial for skincare.
- I started off using the mask, I did an Instagram story (make sure you follow me so you don’t miss out on first impressions- @michellehopewell) using the mask. Depending on my mood a thick mask can just be too much. I need something that’s going to do the job without feeling like I have to smear on copious amounts.
The products are all marine so they’re water based which is great because they’re not thick and over baring. The mask went on smoothly and I didn’t need multiple layers. It dried relatively quickly, I washed it off and it felt wonderful. No dryness and no residue. Lush!
- The perfect matte moisturiser, can we just talk about it. I’m obsessed. Now ask any black girl and she will tell you that we will not just use any face cream. It has to be right, not too heavy, not too light because then our face can get ashy and the balance is just hard to crack. But for me I think they might have done it. A couple of squeezes is enough to cover my face and keep me going for a long time. I tend to reapply at this time of year because the weather is so cold I dry out quickly, but the consistency isn’t too heavy and doesn’t add any extra oil to my face.
- Face washes can be equally as tricky for me but I’ve really been enjoying the purifying gel because its not too harsh and it doesn’t leave your skin with that horrible dry feeling. I found it’s been great for leaving me feeling cleansed and actually removing those last particles of dirt and makeup that lingers. So I nick named it, glitter be gone!
- Last up is the purifying lotion. Now don’t be mad but I’m new to the cleansing after washing your face and before moisturizing and I can honestly say its changed the game, not to mention this particular products mattifying abilities that low key made me feel as if I had already put a primer on! It really helps to cleanse the skin, and I found it’s quite good at tightening my pores and giving that overall tight and almost blurred look that is a wonderful start to a facebeat.
Now I will say that with my sensitive skin I found that sometimes I was worried all the products would be too harsh but actually it was fine, but I will say that if you have hyper sensitive skin, these might not be the right product for you!
Overall the products are great for those who don’t necessarily have sensitive skin and are combination of oily and dry. the water base of the products means you are getting the hydration your skin sorely needs with adding more oil!
If you fancy treating yourself on some of these cold and grey mornings, why not try some of the Thalgo spa products!