As well as being accessories obsessed, I’m also eyeshadow obsessed. I’m a sucker for a pretty palette filled with lots of colours just like a paintbox. The current trends of oranges and pinks have called to me and I’ve invested in some great palettes to meet those trends, but I will always lean towards a gorgeous natural palette that I can use every day.
So it was only right that when one of my fave eyeshadow brands, Too Faced, brought out their latest offering of the Natural Love Eye Shadow Collection that I invested in it on the US release day! Luckily there was free international shipping so I only had to pay fees and taxes of just over £12. Considering the usual Royal Mail handling fee from the US is £8, plus taxes on top, that’s pretty darn good!
It took its sweet time getting here, I’m presuming because of the popularity and the free shipping deal, but when it did get here I was super happy! There are 30 shades, some are new and limited edition, some are favourites from their previous smaller natural eye palettes, and some are from past LE collections: so there’s quite a mix. I give more detail on shades on my blog if that’s your thing, but here I’ve picked out my favourite five shades.
- Poodle – this doesn’t look too exciting in the palette but it’s a gorgeous pearly nude which is great for those inner eye corners.
- Hot and Bothered – one of the stronger colours, this beautiful copper metallic is dreamy!
- Dear Diary – this looks very mink coloured in the palette but when applied was a much lighter and golden shade of taupe.
- Makeup and Chill – this Matte shade is a teddy brown and is a perfect crease shade complementing hot and bothered brilliantly.
- Cutie Patootie – a gorgeous rose gold shade, applied it looks similar to the one above, Kittens but is slightly more pink.
This is such a great palette if neutrals are your thing. Some of the lighter Matte shades don’t have amazing payoff, but it’s only a few and overall as a palette it still works. Again some of the darkest shades don’t come out as dark as the pan, but for a natural palette it’s fine. If you’re after a good matte black then the shade in this palette is not the one.
It’s £52 on the US site, and it is looking like it will be released in the UK mid to the end of April. Keep your eyes peeled!
Latest posts by Lucy Earnshaw (see all)
- The Curve Fashion Festival 2017 – WIN TICKETS! - May 23, 2017
- New Beauty: Too Faced Natural Love Eyeshadow Collection - April 13, 2017
- Rediscovering Plus Size Jeans - April 11, 2017