You have many different options to choose from when buying a wedding ring or engagement ring, from various styles to numerous metals. However, one of the most important things is to ensure that both rings match perfectly. After all, they are going to be worn in a union on one finger, and so they need to complement one and other beautifully. Here are some top tips to help you achieve this:
Match Metals – If your engagement ring is made from rose gold, you need to search for a wedding ring that is also made from rose gold. Contrasting metals can often cheapen the overall look of the rings. Of course, there are rings that are made in mixed metals, and, as they have been designed this way, they look stunning. However, mixing and matching metals yourself is not advisable.
- Match Styles – You need to ensure that the styles of the ring are coherent. You shouldn’t match modern trilogy diamond rings with an old-school vintage-inspired wedding band for instance. Instead, team it with an elegant and classic band. You don’t need to purchase a ring set to achieve this; you just need to be mindful that both rings fall into the same style category.
Consider Proportions – There are some rings that simply do not sit right together, and this is because the proportions are out of sync. If your wedding band does not sit neatly on top or underneath your engagement ring, you will need to consider something else. Not only will this look bad, but also it is bound to get on your nerves, as the rings won’t feel comfortable on your finger.
- Match Stones – If you are going to incorporate coloured gemstones or diamonds into your wedding band, you need to ensure they match the stones in your engagement ring. Thankfully, white diamond rings are popular, and almost any colour gemstone will complement this. However, if you have a sapphire wedding ring, for example, teaming it with a wedding band with pink gemstones is not advised. If you are feeling unsure, your jeweller will talk you through the gemstones that go well with your engagement ring.
- Consider Personalised Rings – One of the best ways to ensure your engagement ring and wedding ring match is to have them custom made. This will also give you the opportunity to have rings designed to your exact specifications, and you can even incorporate design aspects that are significant to you and your partner, such as a gemstone with a special meaning.
If you follow the five pieces of advice that have been provided above, you can be certain that your wedding ring and your engagement ring will match perfectly together.
Latest posts by Georgina Grogan (see all)
- Luxury Gift Ideas for Kids and Young Teenagers - December 15, 2018
- Matching Your Wedding Ring To Your Engagement Ring - December 6, 2018
- Christmas Makeup Must Have – Prima Makeup Diamond Metallic Eyeshadow - December 4, 2018
This post is a collaboration.