I don’t know about you but I’m just ecstatic that the days are getting longer again, telling us that Spring isn’t too far away. In my excitement for future sunny days I’ve been playing around with fresh looks featuring lighter more playful colours than those I wear in the Winter and I have to say this bronzed glowy makeup look is one of my favourites. It was actually requested by one of my lovely Twitter followers Sarah who had seen a similar look on one of their Instagram faves and wanted to recreate it herself, so I hope it helps Sarah!
Naturally being a look based firmly in the realms of pinup style with a bold cat-eye and statement red lips I couldn’t pass it up. Pinup style really did set me off on my journey of body image happiness as it was the first way of dressing I found that emphasised and made me proud of all of my curves and was as glamorous and bold as I always wanted to be! I still adore vintage style and it’s a look that I will always have a fondness for, so playing around with it and making it more modern as I have here is great fun.
How to create the look:
- Take a matte dark brown shadow and pat onto the outer two thirds of the lid, leaving a blank space in the centre. Apply the same colour to the outer third of the lower lash line and then buff out with a blending brush. I used Matt Ramirez from theBalm’s Meet Matt(e) palette.
- Apply a bronze shimmer shadow to the center of the lid and center of the lower lash line and blend into the dark brown. I used the Warm Copper Shimmer Cube by The Body Shop.
- Apply a line of metallic gold shadow to the centre of the eye over the bronze, not covering it all just a small portion to add definition. I used Nars Eye Paint in Iskander.
- Apply a pale pearlised shimmer shadow to the inner corner of the eye and the brow bone to widen the eyes and emphasise the arch of the brow. I used theBalm Overshadow in Overrated.
- Complete the look with a bold cat-eye, a slick of mascara, a stroke of peachy blush and a touch up of your brows. I used my favourite everyday eyeliner Rimmel Glameyes and the shimmering Hot Mama Blush by theBalm.
- A bold red lip is the perfect accompaniment to this look, here I used two Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. I used the shade Nosferatu over the whole lip and then Outlaw in the centre to add dimension (this is one of my all time favourite lip combos!).