When your old phone doesn’t work like it used to, it can be extremely frustrating. From the battery that needs charging every few hours to a camera that’s lost its sharpness, when you get a new phone, you realise how beneficial it is to your daily life. So if you’re looking for a new phone currently, here’s five things to consider.
Get A Sim-Only Contract
If you can afford to splurge out the money on a new phone, that’s great. Contracts can add a lot more interest on the the phone’s value and you could end up paying hundreds of pounds more. Smarty offers no credit check, SIM only deals that start from as little as £7.50.
Don’t Pay More Than You Can
We can easily get drawn into the allure of a new phone, and if you’re buying in-store, the salesman or woman will be putting on the charm to entice you to buy something that may be out of your price range. Make sure you have a budget in mind and if you’re not looking to change much about the phone’s data, texts and calls, try and find a deal that’s the same price as your current one.
Consider The Operating System
There are a few operating systems that phones run on with the two popular ones being IOS and Android. There are pros and cons to each so here they are for you to consider:
- Pros – It’s probably slightly ahead of Android in terms of technology, and it’s easy to navigate and popular for its user-friendliness.
- Cons – Doesn’t support external storage, so there’s no chance of adding an SD for all your selfies. You also need to buy most apps that are available on the app store.
- Pros – There are more varieties of makes and models to choose from, whereas IOS operates just on Apple. The system is good for multitasking too.
- Cons – The apps on Android aren’t as good, and the variety is much smaller than that of the Apple store.
A screen size can be important when deciding on a phone. If you use your phone for work or business, you might want to consider a larger screen. However, a big phone will struggle to fit in your back pocket. A small phone might be better but viewing videos or photos won’t be as clear than on a big screen.
If you love having the latest in technology, you might want to consider researching and comparing phones to see which one is at the top of its game. This will mean the price goes up too. If you’re not fussed, then the price you pay won’t be as bad, and you should mention this to the salesperson when shopping for a phone.
There are plenty of other things you should be looking at like storage space and camera quality, so be sure to have a checklist ready for when you start the search for a new phone.
Latest posts by Georgina Grogan (see all)
- Luxury Gift Ideas for Kids and Young Teenagers - December 15, 2018
- Matching Your Wedding Ring To Your Engagement Ring - December 6, 2018
- Christmas Makeup Must Have – Prima Makeup Diamond Metallic Eyeshadow - December 4, 2018
This post is a collaboration.